December 30, 2020
Thank You for Sharing Holiday Messages With Our Students!
Thank you to everyone for the outpouring of heartful and heartwarming messages to our students. We know your words of encouragement have helped them during this challenging time.
Below are just a few of the notes our community shared.
How resilient, brave, and mighty you are! I know this year has been a challenging season, but you made it. Yes, you! In this moment, just for a minute, forget about your academic progress and revel in your progress as a human being. A conqueror. No textbook or class could teach how to adapt, improvise, regulate, and adjust your life or your emotions.
You're amazing! Not in how well your grades were this year or how well you improved in your musical abilities. No, my young friend, you are amazing just being YOU! Surviving and thriving. Being compassionate to others and showing compassion—to yourself. Pressing and pushing through every emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual challenge. Stand on the highest mountain in your mind and shout with gusto, "I AM HERE! I MADE IT!" Even if it doesn't feel like it or look like it to you, know that you're a champion in more ways than you know. Thank you for showing us all what true strength looks like.
- Gia: Dear Student, You are so smart to be taking these music classes. I hope I get to hear you someday! Have a wonderful holiday!
- Catherine: 2020 has been a tough year. You have managed, not only to make it through, but to bring music into your own life, and to the lives of those around you. For spreading joy in difficult times, you deserve many congratulations. Thank you, and may the holidays and the new year bring you delight and success.
- Bob: Thank you for gifting the world with your talent and for sticking with it, even in a year when it would be easy to quit. The gift of music is something we all benefit from, even when we take it for granted. I hope you have an amazing holiday season and that next year, you take your talent to new levels.
- Crystal: Although these challenging times can tempt us to be discouraged - always let your spirit, your hopes, and your dreams soar, like the beautiful music all around us and the beautiful music that the future holds for us.
- Gary: Congratulations on your hard work this year. While it has been a challenging year, music continues to feed the soul and I'm so glad you're able to participate in The MusicianShip!
- Chanell: Dear MusicianShip Student, I send this note with respect for you, your talent, and your drive to improve. This has been a challenging year and I wish you the best as we roll into 2021 and many new lights will converge on all of us--your music will be one of them, of this I am sure. Don't give up!! Love what you do and love each other!
-Ray: Hello wonderful Musicianship student! Please excuse me for not being able to personalize this note with your name, but nevertheless know that your powering through this crisis is a display of your strength and determination. It must be so difficult to have a year of your life stifled by the pandemic but hold on and use what you've learned. My sincere admiration and respect for the hard work you've done to stay strong and positive. -Warmly, Julie