About The Program
The MusicianShip provides free after-school programs in schools and community centers across the District of Columbia.
Driven by the overwhelming evidence that music education has a unique and powerful impact on students, our after-school programs include a range of courses from choir, brass, woodwind and percussion ensembles to DJ and Music Production courses.
Program Delivery Goals
- Provide extracurricular lessons and activities that improve students’ socio-emotional capacity.
- Integrate youth with families, communities, employers, mentors, and other nourishing resources that provide an ecosystem of support.
- Provide enriching activities that reduce the likelihood of youth (re)committing, or being victims of crimes.
- Improve high school graduation rates among our students.
- Develop our students’ musical aptitude to increase their college scholarship opportunities.
- Create meaningful career pathways.